Thursday, July 27, 2017

Progression...and a challenge...

I'm willing to wager that we all have a rock that we just don't know what to do with.  I had one that sat on my table, sat on my table, and then it sat on my table some more.

I finally got tired of it sitting there, and I started drawing zebra stripes on it with a pencil.  I decided to try out the new gel pens on it, and colored them in.


After I got through with that, I knew I needed to trace around them with black, but the gel had to dry very well.  (Hint:  in my experience, gel never seems to dry all the way...it always smears...this one sat for days and I still ended up smearing it.  Please, if someone has hints, comment and leave them!)

Next, I outlined the stripes, and then, the white looked too plain, so yeah, I had to add all those *other* stripes...and then it went back to sitting on my table...


In the mean time, I received my order of glaze pens in the mail, so I decided to try out the black one and see what it would do.  RUN, and I do mean RUN to the nearest craft store, (I got mine at Michael's.) use a coupon, and play with these pens.  Again, they have to dry, but that's like an over-night thing, and they just flow, add dimension, and shine.  I LOVE THESE PENS!


I'm not sure that it is my favorite, but it is no longer sitting on my table.  It sorta reminds me of a Dr. Seuss illustration.

So, here's the challenge.  Start with something, anything.  Lines, a color, a word, a new toy, what have you, and PLAY!  :)

Don't forget to post your finished challenge product on "615 Rocks Sumner County" facebook page!

1 comment:

  1. I really love this idea. I have a very difficult rock that I'm just holding onto... not knowing what to do with it. I think I know now...

    ReplyDelete