Thursday, July 13, 2017

More about paper, and a kitty cat....

*Note:  I post the link to new blog pages as they become available on my facebook group, "615 Rocks Sumner County".  That is the best way to keep up with my posts and new work.  Anyone is welcome to join and participate.*


Hey, ya'll!  I've been bad and neglected you this week.  I always thought "older" people and by "older" I mean anyone older than me, were silly when they said that time speeds up the older you get, but now I'm the old person, and that's the best thing I can come up with for where my time goes...lol.

I'll try to do better.

First, I want to show you the new clown-on-rock I made last night, since everyone loved those so much:

This is another of those vintage cutouts that I told you about in  the other clown post.  I think I still have four more of them left, all different.  This stone is bigger than my hand.  I haven't put the clear coat on here yet, either.

I have lots of other rock projects and tutorials to share with you, but along the lines of paper, I found this beauty today, and I thought she was worthy of a mention on here.  You could use the same technique as for the clowns (if you're new here, just go back a little farther and you'll find that post), only this way, you don't have to have specific cut-outs, etc.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/54676582950819290/

If you have newspaper, sheet music, a dictionary page, pretty much anything, you can do this.  If the paper is too stiff for the rock, just roll it up, crinkle it, make it as pliable as you need/want it to be, then paint it with glue, and etc etc etc.

Yesterday, I sent Anna a picture that I found on Pinterest.  I didn't save the link, shame on me...but here is the one I found:

Animal lover that she is, I knew she would enjoy this one, and told her we would paint some together next time we had the time.  Last night, around 9:30, my lil precious pants sends me a photo.  No words, just a photo.  My heart melted when I saw this:

Happy crafting!

1 comment: