Saturday, July 8, 2017

Multi Colored Pencils!

While we were out running errands yesterday, you know we *had* to make a trip to Michaels.  You know, because there are *necessities* there, just like milk and bread are necessities....

While being an awesome sport, Mr. Rock found these really cool colored pencils:
They were $10.00, but you know, we never pay full price for anything at Michaels, because they always have a 40% off coupon.  It was my lucky day, because there was also a 20% off coupon. Isn't Mr. Rock the best?

Here is a close-up view of the neon pencil.  I'm sorry for the not-so-good photo...it was dark and I was excited.
That's also the rock that I used for this little project.
As you can see, it didn't show up very well.  I was surprised.  However, these pencils have a very hard lead in them, not a soft, waxy type like you get from PrismaColor.  I colored two coats, with lots of pressure, to get the look you see.  I still like the rock, but the lightness of the coloration is a bit off-putting to my taste.  I will be using the America one (red, white and blue, of course) tonight on a rock I painted white, and I'll report back to you with how that turned out.

This is what I came up with as the end result:

As always, anyone is welcome to join my group on facebook:  615 Rocks Sumner County.  That is where I post notifications that the blog has been updated, and where I post all of my rocks.  

1 comment:

  1. I have a few of those pencils. I have a red, white and blue one! Never tried them on a rock.

    ReplyDelete