Monday, July 17, 2017

Check this out...

In my last post, I promised to open a door for you into a whole new realm of rock-y, decoupage goodness.  I had said "tomorrow" and I'm pretty sure this is the tomorrow after the tomorrow's morrow, but it's worth waiting for, and my apologies, too.

I explained how I did the clown rocks in a previous post, and this is much the same...only easier.  Did you know that you can Mod Podge tissue paper or napkins onto a rock (or whatever) and then even paint on top of that, should you wish?  Well, you can.  Needless to say...I have a large tissue/napkin collections that I'm happy to be using on the rocks I've been making.

First, I'll show you the one I did with tissue paper:



All I did was paint some podge on my rock, and I do this generously.  Then, add the tissue, smoothing it down with my brush full of podge until there are no wrinkles and it is laying flat on the surface I want to write on.  Then, I podge down around the edges, and you can wrinkle, fold, crease, or tear to lay those down, however you choose.  The paper becomes more pliable, of course, with the mod podge on it.

After that coat dries, you can doodle, draw, paint, what have you.  Here, I used my medium Posca paint marker, then my gold ultra-fine tipped Elmer's Painter marker.  I'm calling this one done, writing the info I want on the back, and then dropping this baby off somewhere for someone else to find.

This next one is actually a kleenex that I had saved (NOT USED!) and the word "love" is written on it just like below about 16 times...this is the first one I've used, so there's lots of potential still in store for that kleenex!

I put this one on a rock I had already painted white...the "background" of the kleenex was white anyways, and when you take just the layer of the tissue with the writing on it, it's very, very thin, so this almost looks like a tattoo on the rock.  I used the same method of adhering this as I did on the tissue paper pineapple.  The rock is pretty thick, so I'll likely sit and put vinery and flowers around the edges during a movie or something, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way this one turned out because of how thin it is.  Lesson learned:  don't overlook even the thinnest of pieces that you think could be podged...try them!  You might be surprised!

Run!  Look through your stash!  See what you come up with, and don't forget to SHARE!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment