Thursday, June 29, 2017

Rock painting? Not so much....

We had a sad happening last night here on the home front.  Because it's what I think is best, I will not be telling Anna about this, so if you are someone that would happen to bring this up to her, PLEASE DON'T.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

We got Anna last night after work and went and had ice cream at MOTOWN PIZZA, the best ice cream ever (you should go if you haven't been and you are near Westmoreland), played at the park (after unsuccessfully going to a creek to rock hunt), and took her back to her daddy's afterwards...they leave in the morning for a weekend trip to Chattanooga (she has rocks to distribute while she is making her way around town).  To keep this story short and sweet and to the point, we had a cat-astrophe, in a very literal sense when we got home.  Sadly, our lil girl was very injured on her way to greet us, and when Mr. Rock picked her up, she bit him and he had four fairly deep puncture wounds.  Fast forward out of the sadness onto today...as the day went on, his wrist got stiff, his middle finger is somehow not right, and the wounds were beginning to get red.  Fast forward again...after a bag of antibiotics, a tetanus shot, a steroid shot, and some griping from the patient, we are now home...got here at 10:30.

The point of this story?  Life got in my way today, lol.

I'm not good at *just* talking about one thing, ya'll.  I always have strange stories to tell...that are true...funny things to share, photos that make me smile, quotes to cheer and encourage...you just never know.  As much as I love rocks, how fun would a blog about ONLY ROCKS be after...well, I dunno...because to me it would always be fun...but heck, I like to talk about a lot of stuff.  But I'll try to *mostly* remain on-task, since that's what this is supposed to be about.

To make this into a rock post, I am including a rock that Anna drew on and asked me to add to it for her Chattanooga trip.  However, my little dear heart is so excited to leave them around that this one ended up at Chik-fil-a in Gallatin, and she called me to let me know that she left it on the way in, and on the way out, IT WAS GONE, MAMA!!!!!  :) :) :) :)

Thanks for making it this far, and rest assured that Lesson 3 will take place tomorrow!  This gal is going to bed!  G'night, Peeps!

1 comment:

  1. Life gets in my way ALL the time. I fully understand. So sorry this happened. Hope he is better. Great news about Anna's rock. Rock on. Life goes on...

    ReplyDelete